New York and Los Angeles offices
Marketing Evolution is a place where innovative marketing minds, advanced data science, and visionary technology meet. We offer software and strategic consulting services to help leading marketers plan, measure, and continuously improve their performance and unlock ROI.
Directors are a critical linchpin on the Marketing Evolution team, as they oversee and guide the work efforts we execute with our customers. Directors lead the daily communications and relationships with clients, and coordinate across internal team members in Customer Success, Modeling and Analytics, and Product Development. Ultimately, Directors are responsible for driving high-quality work that produces true insights and recommendations that tie to measurable client value (vs. simply delivering “data”).
Key characteristics of a strong Director include:
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and information and turn them into actionable insights for customers; superior ability to display complex data and information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Strives to be a positive mentor / coach and role model to their team members, playing an active role in developing their growth
- A sense of urgency in executing work, sometimes under tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task
- Relentless attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead a cross-functional team
- An ongoing desire to go beyond project-specific work, be innovative, and bring new ideas to the table to improve the overall data management and analytics process
- 5-10 years of experience; 4+ years of management consulting or marketing analytics experience ideal
- While media and / or analytics experience is certainly a plus, more than anything we are looking for extremely smart, intellectually curious, highly motivated team members that fit well within our fun team and working environment.
The Director’s general responsibility is to manage the team of people performing day-to-day execution of multiple software and analytics projects. Some specific responsibilities include:
Customer Relationship Management
- Own day-to-day customer relationships and deliver increased marketing ROI for the engagement
- Lead customer conversations and presentations with the goal to gain trusted ongoing relationships with customer and agency teams
- Develop personal credibility with key customer stakeholders by understanding their organization and assisting in their success
- Support Executives and Customer Success leadership in developing trusted customer relationships
- Oversee the delivery of our software and analytics products to customers
- Act as a “hub leader” by coordinating between team members, setting priorities, and ensuring that everyone is communicating openly, all while fostering a positive team culture
- Oversee project timeline and roadmap; ensure the project logistics are on track by guiding account executive’s project management; be a hands-on project manager when complex situations arise
- Translate customer and internal questions into research plan and analytical approach
- Maintain high standards for accuracy
- Develop a deep understanding of our software, becoming an expert user and learning its inner workings and nuances
- Train customers on how to use our softwareCreate and review PowerPoint presentation materials
- Take ownership over all of the software and analytics delivered to customer
- Develop team member careers effectively so that junior team members become equipped to move from Account Executives (AE) to Senior AE, and from Senior AE to Managers
- Manage team members so that skill sets are matched to appropriate tasks and timelines are managed within the team to execute against customer expectations
- Manage “upwards” to involve AVPs, VPs, C-level staff and sales teams at appropriate points throughout a project to troubleshoot, help over-service clients, and effectively run the team
Company Building Responsibilities
- Participate in or own innovative firm-building activities / efforts: the further advancement of Marketing Evolution as a market leader and great company depends on the contribution of all its team members. We expect individuals at all levels of the organization to help define and participate in these efforts.
Metrics for Success
- All employees have annual career growth goals based on their position and core skills/development areas; all Customer Success team members receive performance reviews bi-annually
- Customer satisfaction and the ability to form long-lasting client relationships is a measure of success for our entire company
- Ability to recognize and implement strategies or processes to improve efficiency, while maintaining flawless project execution
Marketing Evolution Cultural Values
- Disrupt the norm: Cherish the opportunity to find better ways to do things, regardless of how disruptive it might be.
- Nothing is impossible: Imagine what’s possible and then have the discipline to execute it. Vision without execution, or execution without vision is not valuable.
- Agile- Test then System Build: When developing new processes or features, link it to a hypothesis, and evaluate that hypothesis without bias. Move quickly and thoughtfully to advance in small increments. If value is validated, focus on end-to-end system building.
- Dissent then execute: In the planning & review cycles, have the crucial conversations. Raise issues and fixes. Fight for what you believe is the right solution. When we shift to execution, we are all in this together. Execute diligently and without reservation.
- Defect is treasure: Every mistake is an opportunity for the organization to learn and make improvements. Ensure we identify the defect, and complete the loop with system change
Marketing Evolution provides the most powerful marketing measurement and optimization solutions that increase campaign performance, sales, and engagement. Leveraging patented technology and data from hundreds of sources, our breakthrough person-centric approach provides marketers with actionable insights to prospectively recommend media, message, and budget allocation. Forward-looking brands rely on Marketing Evolution to deliver accurate unified marketing measurement across both online and offline channels, while maximizing their media spend, marketing Return on Investment (ROI), and brand impact. To learn more, please visit www.marketingevolution.com.